Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Wonderful Mother's Day for Me

I had the most wonderful Mother's Day today. My Mother's Day celebration started yesterday when Preston Lee and I potted flowers while Addison played on a blanket in the yard. Listening to Addison talk/holler at us while we were getting more and more dirt all over us was perfect. Preston being the typical 4 year old, he was ready to play in the dirt forever. This morning we all got up and headed to church. After church we enjoyed a delicious lunch at the Fort. Justin was home today, it was nice having him home on Mother's Day, the RR has been keeping him VERY busy. The highlight of the evening was me and Addison enjoying soaking "our" feet together. I was sitting in the rocker soaking my feet and Addison crawls over to see what the noise was coming from the foot bath. Then my little buttercup stands up and puts a foot in....and laughs! Yes I thought for a moment I went to heaven and back. One year ago on Mother's Day I never imagined Addison would be sitting having foot soaks with me today.....the best gift ever.

My children each have a special way of making me feel like the world's best Mom. Thank you so much Preston and Addison (and Justin) for such a wonderful Mother's Day. I love you both.













No comments: